Sunday 7 January 2018

New Year 2018 !

Always think that taking down the Christmas decorations is a bitter sweet event, Particularly the Tree.
My husband thinks I am quite childlike with my enthusiasm for producing the many baubles and momentoes each year. However each one has a sentimental value. Every year my children chose one or two they liked and I duly bought them - this tradition passed on to my grandchildren and they also added to the collection each year. Last year my daughter in law bought "snowflakes" for each of us with our names clearly shown in the centre.

Additionally we try to buy unusual Christmas decorations from countries we have visited on holiday and again these evoke memories of past pleasures.  Most notably we have beaded items from Guatemala and a bell from Kyoto.

 

One small item is a little needlepoint wreath my daughter made when she was about 13 and I have kept it all these years and always feel a pang as I "find" it again in the box.

Now the poor tree is groaning with these weighty donations and it was relieved of this intrusion on the 6th January the Epiphany as is the tradition.  Now the house seems remarkably bare and cold. However along with everyone else who celebrate Christmas we soon return to normality and our usual way of life.

For me the New Year signifies  new beginnings and plans for 2018 and I look forward to putting them into fruition!

Happy New Year!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment