Tuesday 21 March 2017

Diary of a Sixty Something..........Sunday

Sunday 19th March

The day starts like every other just like my post for Saturday so no need to repeat! I'm skipping the gym today as going out for lunch and have to leave earlier than usual. Instead I put on a load of washing and finish off some ironing which has been staring at me for a couple of days.

At around 10.30 we drive over to Chiswick to my daughter who has just moved house and we are excited to see what it looks like.  We are delighted with what we see and hope they will spend many happy years there.  The beautiful magnolia in their front garden was a wonderful welcoming sight.

We were joined by my son and we all went to lunch - this was a celebration for both my son and daughter - joint birthday meal. So siblings, partners, grandchildren and us made our way to The Smokehole which proved to be a welcome change from the usual formulaic pubs and restaurants.  Lots of meats on offer ...of course and ....smoked and also pulled if this was what you wanted.  The noise level must have gone up dramatically when we are all together.  We left around 4pm ....timing perfect as we got home in time to see Manchester City play.....

We ended our evening the same way as night before ...exhausted but happy a full day ....relaxed watching recordings of Line of Duty.......then zzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment