Thursday 8 January 2015

Up the Shard!

My children bought a treat for my husband's special birthday - this included a trip up the Shard and a meal afterwards at Marco Pierre Whites....plus money for a glass of champagne at the top of the Shard.  This was a generous yet daunting present.  We have talked about going to this landmark for a long time as it is yet another of those things you feel you must do, however I am not very good with heights and have been resisting.

Yesterday we bit the bullet.  The day was cold but crisp and clear -

ideal we were told for viewing.  The building is impressive and the views from the top are breathtaking.  The champagne steadied my nerves and I must admit it was not scary in the least....although I did resist looking down too much!


I would really recommend it!

Afterwards we made our way to MPWs on Middlesex Street - which were told was only about 10 mins away.  I am sure if you were a bird that would be the case.  It proved to be a good half hour brisk walk across London Bridge to the restaurant. We were grateful that although it was threatening rain it did hold off until we reached a pub for a pre drink !  The meal did not disappoint ....really excellent and the service first rate.

So if you fancy a treat and something a little different why not try it.  This package was through Virgin Experiences and really did not disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment