Wednesday 14 May 2014

Ask the Doctor!

Well having monitored my blood pressure over the past week I am disappointed that my systolic level is high and reasonably happy that the diastolic is 84 - not brilliant but better.  As my cholesterol level and BP are higher than they should be I have to see the doctor in a fortnights time and have a chat!!

When you are doing all the right things it is very frustrating when these readings do not reflect the effort!

However I did find this article helpful as it gives a sense of perspective and helps in demystifying!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2626608/ASK-THE-DOCTOR-Im-healthy-whys-blood-pressure-high.html
Anyway I  am still determined to maintain fitness levels as my thoughts are that if I didn't do it just think how much worse my health indicators might be.........

So if you are not already aware....the European and Local Council elections are underway and as usual my husband and I are delivering leaflets.  Not only do we fulfil our political obligations but we also maintain our daily exercise quota.
I have installed a Pedometer App on my iPhone and can now record steps - yesterday we did 5000 steps in an hour....
If you are interested in using one on your phone there are many to choose from - many are free! Hers one to consider...........

http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9mSs2_qVHNTOEIAFLhLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTE0NmFrYXBuBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNQRjb2xvA2lyMgR2dGlkA1VLQzAwMl83Mg--/RV=2/RE=1400096107/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fitunes.apple.com%2fgb%2fapp%2ffootsteps-pedometer%2fid329766980/RK=0/RS=xSkujmC5hq3t7O6qkFehd8D05bQ-

No comments:

Post a Comment