Thursday 24 October 2013

Cream of the Crop.................

My husband was reading the newspapers and saw an article on a face cream for menopausal women and mentioned it to me as ...he is interested in these developments in next generation creams  from the scientific point of view and also knows that I, like most women are very interested in anti ageing goods.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2455521/The-face-cream-skin-glowing-menopause--pot-set-85.html

Now there have been many claims of creams providing life changing effects on the skin and I am highly sceptical about their claims.  However this particular cream, Stratum C is designed to boost collagen which apparently we can lose significantly during the menopause - up to a third.






Here are some of Stratum C's claims and information on their site........









"Collagen-stimulating peptides and Hyaluronic Acid work 
together to combat the effects of menopause as well as 
natural sources of Vitamins A and E (something the skin lacks during menopause).
Two unique combinations of peptides have been formulated showing the following results:
  • Muscle relaxation – muscles are relaxed helping to reduce stress and tension within the skin.
  • Collagen production is stimulated – clinical trials have shown up to a 70% increase in the production of collagen, helping to improve elasticity and skin tone.
  • Increased moisture content – Hyaluronic Acid holds 1000 times its own weight in water making ti the perfect ingredient to help increase moisture content within the skin.
  • Smooth, supple skin – Key ingredients including Jojoba Oil and Apricot Oil leave the skin feeling soft, smooth and much more supple once more."

I am not a person who goes in for spas and facials but I am quite receptive to trying some of these new products - so armed with this justification in my head for  the spend of £85 .....I bought a pot on line :)

I was quite pleasantly surprised at the size of the pot of cream which arrived and the volume of cream it contained.  It was also encouraging to read that it is recommended that you use a pea shaped amount twice a day on cleansed face.  So on this basis it should last a long time (more justification!)

I have been using Stratum C for a fortnight and I am cautiously declaring that I have seen a difference.  My skin feels smoother and fine lines have diminished significantly.  (my husband also confirmed this).  It is early days so will let you know what I think after 3 months! 

Here's looking for a miracle :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment