Thursday 6 March 2014

Diet and Exercise…….


Exercise is vital for your well being - we all know this but how many do anything about it?

When you hit 60 you do feel a difference.  Legs, arms, joints aren't as effective as they once were. Certainly I am conscious of occasional malfunction of my knees and hips. My solution is to have regular exercise and to use resistance training. The latter isn't my favourite but it keeps my body toned and I know it is good for my bones.  Osteoporosis is a threat at this age and diet and exercise play an important part in prevention.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Osteoporosis/Pages/Treatment.aspx

I go to my local gym at Sopwell House and I build my regular visits into my daily routine.  I use the cross trainer and low level bike but I start with the weights.  I can appreciate that going into the weights room is a little daunting but trainers are always willing to take you through the equipment and advise what will work best for you.





Have a look at what is available locally you may be surprised at what is out there both private and public.  The people who attend are just like you and you can strike up friendships with fellow exercisers and this also provides you with support.

The trick is doing a little and often and build up usage and strength.





I also find that Pilates helps with keeping me supple and exercises my core -often neglected!






Friends tell me the their exercise really comes to going for a walk.  Of course this is good for you but to make it really beneficial  it should be a brisk walk not an amble.



Combining diet and exercise will pay dividends in losing weight, increasing your fitness levels, toning your body and providing a sense of well being and preventing some very serious conditions which affect older people.
So what are you waiting for?



Oh and one more thing as mentioned in previous posts - all this helps with cellulite as does wearing Proskins when training !!
www.proskins.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment