Wednesday 22 October 2014

Funny Old Week......

Just about a week ago doing mundane things we found ourselves in a country lane which I had travelled down once before.  I cautioned my husband about a particular bend I remembered and we gingerly travelled towards it much trepidation. As we approached it a vehicle immerged towards us in the opposite direction. My husband stopped but the other vehicle a large horse transporter van continued upon its path on our side of the road.

I never know I could scream so loud!! I heard the crunch of the rear of the oncoming vehicle as it cut the corner.  In seconds you feel the fear and the hopelessness of your situation. It crushed the front of our car and as we were sandwiched against a high hedge we had nowhere to go!
This wasn't helped by the driver of the other vehicle saying it was our fault even though the evidence and position of our car spoke for itself.  I started to feel sorry for him until this declaration!  Fortunately for  us we had two witnesses and then the other driver accepted full responsibility and liability.

As many of you know with these accidents it isn't just a matter of the accident but the bureaucracy which follows.  I feel as if I have spent the rest of the past week on the phone!  At one stage the numerous bodies involved in insurance, brokers, garages...etc actually "lost" our car....I was asked if I could help.......

Still not resolved far from it  ...... after another conversation today....it was like starting over again.....was the vehicle with me ?   Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
I managed to keep my cool and I am assured that someone will be in touch shortly with a comprehensive update.........why do I not feel hopeful.........?

You literally don't know what is around the corner.........

No comments:

Post a Comment