Wednesday 3 September 2014

Awesome August!

I am conscious of the fact that I have been neglecting entries on my blog.  I don't know where the time has gone! This year unusually we have not taken a "proper" holiday and have spent time in and around our home and not venturing too far.  It has been a time of catching up on jobs, gardening, tidying and cleaning.  It has also been an opportunity to sort out those stubborn areas in the house which resist attention!!

One highlight to share however was a trip with my 5 year old granddaughter to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the Theatre Royal in Drury Lane.  I must admit I was a little unsure how a child of this age could endure 2 and a half hours of sitting.....still!  I needn't have worried she was mesmerised by the musical and effects. The story in itself can be a little dark in places as those of you who are familiar with Roald Dahl will appreciate - however all the children there seemed unfazed!

Mair loved getting dressed up and was so excited about the occasion -something I hope she will keep in her memory box!

Well worth a trip to see this and is very suitable for adults and children.


No comments:

Post a Comment